Old 09-09-2012, 09:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] hrhofmann@att.net is offline

Default How small an area to reseed?

As a result of the midwest drought (that may be almost over), my yard
has many areas where the grass is dead and the surface is a brown/tan
dead thatch. In those areas less than a foot in diameter I expect the
rhizomes from the surrounding grass will fill in by next Spring, and I
plan on leaving the thatch alone so as to not disturb the new
rhizomes. But, I don't know whether larger thatch areas will fill in
or not, and whether or not I should remove the thatch if do not reseed
those areas.

Anyone have first-hand experience?