Old 09-09-2012, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why not?

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Actually, no, sorry. The prejudice against and demonisation of
cannabis started something like a century ago, and I have absolutely
no idea why. It used to be part of the British Pharmacopeia, but
has been significantly more restricted than morphine, heroin and
cocaine for a century. It's very odd.

Amongst other players William Randolph Hearst was hacked off that the
Mexicans nabbed some of his prime timber land in the Spanish-American
war ...

I said that I wouldn't follow-up on the politics, and won't, but
you might like this correction of fact.

That's a decade later and in a far country. Try the Dangerous Drugs
Act 1920, the Dangerous Drugs Amendment Act 1923 and the 1928
amendment to the DDA 1920. Unfortunately, they are not online, and
it would be the record in Hansard that would be more interesting.
I doubt that I am going to get time to look at them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.