Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Can someone identify this plant?

On 9/9/12 2:19 PM, lannerman wrote:
arniecars;968485 Wrote:
It was found growing amongst trees and rocks in North Wales - does
anyone know what it might be?

Thank you

Hi, from your picture, I'd say it was an ash seedling (Fraxinus
excelsior)
Lannerman.

The one with the divided leaves might indeed be some kind of Fraxinus.

However, you actually have two different seedlings there. The one in
front with the notched leaves reminds me of the birch seedlings I still
keep removing from my hill, despite the fact that the parent birch was
removed about 5 years ago.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see