Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 PM
furnerc furnerc is offline
Registered User

Default Novice gardener training a wisteria

I planted a wisteria at the front of my house last year, the plan being to eventually cover all the brickwork. This year virtually all of the growth has been from one shoot. My question is, should I train this in a sort of zig-zag to cover the lower part of the house (only a few feet between window and door), or should I train it straight up to the first floor and trust that next year's growth will cover the brickwork below?

Thanks for any pointers.