Old 11-09-2012, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default storing seed packets.

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

If you are like me you pick up packets of seeds over the year and find
you have them all over the place, often in places you can't find till
it's to late to sow them.
Any ideas on the best way to keep them all together.
I am wondering about one of those concertina document folders with
alphabetical sections.
David @ the sunny and now rain free end of Swansea Bay.

I keep mine in a narrow trough in the garage, just wide enough for most
seed packet to stand up in (excluding pea, beans etc, which are kept in
a cardboard box next to thetrough. I have a strip of card(cut up
Christmas card) for each month and elastic band to keep all the seeds
for sowing in one month together - I also note on the card which larger
seeds need planting that month.

System works quite well, and with things that you can plant over a
season (lettuce etc), I move them to the next month when planted, and in
the winter when checking which seeds need re-ordering, move them back to
the first month.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales