Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default storing seed packets.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:09:44 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

I have a similar system to Roger save that I use some large airtight
sandwich boxes, one for perennials, one for hardy annuals and one for
half-hardy annuals. A fourth stores any veg seeds I accumulate as
freebies with magazines and the like until I can give them away (I no
longer grow veg).

For collected seed I use little polythene "envelopes" which have those
press to seal strips across the top. As long as the seed is dried
thoroughly, I find these keep things fresher than paper bags and they
have white stripes for writing on.

Branching off a bit, I often ignore the "sow in x months" bit of the
instructions and sow when a plant in the ground would drop its seed,
often sowing a batch of collected seed as soon as it's collected. I
find this works just as well.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.