Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Harvesting cauliflower?

"Broadback" wrote

When is the optimum time to harvest cauliflowers and broccoli? I want the
maximum size, but id left just a little too long the cauliflowers tend to
go yellow and the broccoli turn to flowers. Any pointers please?

Cut them when they look like the ones in the supermarket.
With Caulis you have a small window before they go over but in my experience
broccoli just goes straight to flower if not cut just right, although if it
does you just cut off the flower spike and more small heads will form.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.