Old 11-09-2012, 11:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Drainage and new lawn

golfmeghol wrote:
my current lawn suffers from poor drainage, mainly due to heavy clay
subsoil and being enclosed by trees/conifers. it alsosuffers from
mushrooms/lichen and other generalweeds.
I am going to replace the lawn(will probably wait till next spring)
but was wondering if i removed the current lawn now, dug out and laid
the drainage channels and then relaid with topsoil and covered with a
permeable membrane will this give me the best start to laying the lawn
next year or should i just do it all at once

Actually, fall is the best time to start a new lawn. That way it has the winter
rains to help get the roots extablished.