Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Guy Fawkes[_2_] Guy Fawkes[_2_] is offline

Default Why not?

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:13:40 AM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 12/09/2012 07:39, Guy Fawkes wrote:

On Monday, September 10, 2012 9:01:36 PM UTC+1, Christina Websell wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:24:37 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

wrote:

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:40:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is

far too worrying to be lightheared about it.

Same can be said about smoking tobacco and, to a lesser extent, drinking

alcohol...

If you put them in order of health risks due to long term excess you

get

Tobacco

Alcohol

Pot

And not forgetting ecstacy which as the UK's top drugs expert committee

chairman pointed out is roughly about as dangerous as riding a horse.

(an accurate observation of the risk that cost him his job).

I once thought it might help me with the pain of my broken bones.

Unfortunately I live in such a nice area that no one sells it on street

corners, so I still haven't smoked cannabis ever.

I would if I thought it would help, medically.

You can also cook with it.

Now how can a dried plant (tobacco) be legal and another one not?

Tina

Simple Tina.............the far more dangerous of the 2 (tobacco) cannot be easily grown at home, and also brings in the government (which supposedly is concerned with health!) many millions a year in tax revenue!

Yes it can. I grew it on a plot one year at school for the biology

master who ran the science club. Doesn't mature very well or get much by

way of active ingredient but it grew OK and had plenty of leaves. Not

worth the effort but it was interesting to try and grow.

Mostly we grew tomatoes and ornamental plants to sell at school fairs

and bred axolotyls, genetic mice and rats for classes.

Cannabis will greatly help you with pain relief is 100% natural and non addictive, and its very easy to buy seeds from the net, and grow a few plants for your own personal use at home,

I'd say cannabis was a lot more dependent on strong light levels than

tobacco. Though both prefer much warmer sunnier climes than the UK.

Opium poppies are similar in the UK - not enough light for them to make

their active ingredient in significant quantities. A few ornamental ones

revert to wild type every now and then out of so many seedlings.

--

Regards,

Martin Brown

Very very easy to get a few growlights.........