Old 13-09-2012, 11:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Ideal material for homemade Greenhouse?

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:15:03 AM UTC-4, harry. yates wrote:
I have built myself a greenhouse but struggling what material to use as

panels? I have been deciding between polycarbonate and glass? Does

anyone have any advice?

--

harry.yates

I used polycarbonate for mine. Installation is easier. The roof is 4 foot by 12 foot panels, which you couldn't do easily with glass. Installation is also safer, not having to worry about the possibility of glass breaking. And polycarbonate can take an occasional bump from tools or pots without breaking.

Paul