Old 14-09-2012, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Killing Ivy

In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:
On 09/13/2012 05:18 PM, stuart noble wrote:

Of course I should have added, "and dig out the roots". Didn't think it
was necessary :-)

Heh. Never over estimate the intelligence of your audience!

God help me, I need to teach things like parallel programming
methodologies, and the same applies there :-(

When they are infeasible to dig out, poisoning them works. I haven't
used the multiple glyphosate treatment, but one use of brushwood
killer usually works. It's a very nasty chemical, but I use it in
VERY small quantities, just for such tasks.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.