Old 14-09-2012, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default How to use a Handy aerator?

On 12/09/2012 11:35, Timothy Murphy wrote:
I have acquired a Handy aerator/scarifier -
the simplest model they make -
which has spikes to dig into the soil,
with small wheels, presumably to roll the device along.

The trouble is, one cannot roll the thing
as the spikes stick into the ground and prevent it moving.

I got one of those and know what you mean - the answer was just to push
it *very* hard! To the extent that you'd almost fall forward over the
top of it. Extremely hard work, and it was utterly useless. I would
'unacquire' yours rapidly, if I were you.

David