Old 14-09-2012, 08:49 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Something that is often forgotten is that roof vents are ineffectual
without floor vents - or at least enough leakage! I have seen people
remove panes at the bottom for that reason. We have a south-facing
conservatory and the roof vent area is 15% of the floor area, but we
have five 20x20 cm floor vents, and it does NOT get to be like a
blast furnace when we are out and the sun shines. Yes, it gets hot.
I guess the reason I get by without floor vents is that I keep the doors open once the weather warms up. Floor vents aren't a lot of use if you've got the under-staging area crammed with pots, compost etc.