Old 15-09-2012, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New greenhouse

In article ,
kay wrote:

I guess the reason I get by without floor vents is that I keep the
doors
open once the weather warms up. Floor vents aren't a lot of use if
you've got the under-staging area crammed with pots, compost etc.-

You have to be around all of the time to do that.

Once I open the doors (in early June) they seem to stay open all by
themselves ;-)

The latest spring frost that I have had in Cambridge was the night
of June 20th one year. People in colder parts of the country can
have frosts at any time.

And a lot of the more tender species can be seriously knocked back by
even quite moderate cold snaps when young - which is why people grow
them on in greenhouses. I had problems this year even in my fairly
warm conservatory, because I had the vents open - nothing serious,
but several of them lost a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.