Old 15-09-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Complaint about another plot

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:34:30 +0000, kay
wrote:

mogga;968766 Wrote:

I read recently someone suggesting 10 hours a week!

Why the exclamation mark? Do you think that's a lot or ridiculously
little?

I'd spend 10 hours a day on mine if it was more sunny (and I had less
work to do!)

It's probably a lot more than most people spend on our site - and it
shows tbh. The people who are on more hours have nicer plots.

I really have no idea - my garden is larger than an allotment, on the
other hand it's deliberately arranged to have as few as possible things
that need regular attention and as much as possible where the attention
required is not time-critical. But a full day in the garden each week
and a few half-hour sessions doesn't seem wide of the mark, in either
direction.

Yes adding it up like that it does work out getting on for that long.

We've got people who've got very tiny plots and still haven't done
very much.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk