Old 16-09-2012, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment question

On Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:45:40 AM UTC+1, wrote:
snip

I have found this topic very interesting, I have a bit of land -not quite

half an acre - doing nothing and I was wondering about offering it for

someone to use as an allotment. Reading the comments it might be more

trouble than it is worth. My husband suggested planting with fruit trees but

that makes even more work. Hopefully I will get inspired over the winter :-)

kate

I might plant some of it with a wide variety of plants, preferably mainly ones that can look after themselves, and maybe let someone else use the rest.. One advantage of this is you might both agree to use each other's cuttings, so for each of you its less cost and work.

NT