Old 16-09-2012, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Complaint about another plot

"mogga" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 09:48:48 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I have been seriously thinking about writing a leaflet to hand to all
new
potential gardeners!

Bob this isn't such a silly idea. I can see a lot of sense in a booklet of
say 3 sheets of A4 folded landscape to make a 12 page A5 Booklet. 'So you

I'm in the process of starting one for our site.
Things like "What do I do with this rubbish that I've dug up?"

Were you one of those who telephoned me about a booklet following my
posting?

Mike

want an Allotment'. I had an allotment back in the 60's and even though my
father in law had worked the one next to me for about 14 years, I didn't
realize the implications of having an Allotment and therefore, the 'warts
and all' friendly booklet explaining for example the timetable of planting
and cropping and the obligation to your Neighbours to keep your plot as
free as possible of nuisance weeds and how much time in hours daily/weekly
during the year.

Written in a friendly way which can be picked up and put down at will.
Covering outside commitments like work, overtime, family and DIY at home
as
far as 'have you got time for all of this AND an allotment.

More emphasis on what is involved time wise than what to grow and how to
grow it, that can be picked up anywhere.

Just an idea. Make it a national thing sold/given away if you can get
sponsorship through allotment societies who could have their own
centrefold
in it, appertaining to their society.

Mike

--