Old 23-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default leak behind biofalls, fish sucked in, skimmer door not working properly - anyone else?

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:45:10 -0500, Lee Brouillet wrote:

Ahhh, ok: there's a difference. What you're talking about, the door
is hinged on the bottom, yes? The AS skimmer door is hinged from the
top. Stuff goes in, regardless. Personally, my pond is caged, so I
don't have a leaf problem or worries about things floating back out.
All I get is algae and little fish looking for a snack. And the fish
scoot out real quick when the want to!

My bad! I was under the impression that they were all the same. I
can't understand the idea of a top hinged skimmer. What is it
designed to do? The same job? I think the bottom hinged skimmer
also breaks water tension letting skimmed stuff drop into the skimmer
basket, too. I'd guess the AS skimmer doesn't need this 'cause
everything comes in below the surface and has already broken through
that barrier.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.