Old 16-09-2012, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Allotment question

snip
Plant a mixture of coppiceable natives: hazel, oak, beech, ash,
maple etc., let them establish, plant some bulbs underneath, and
sell the coppicing for firewood (or give it away) whenever it
needs it. Minimal hassle, maximum ecological benefit, and a lot
of recreational value.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

I do like this suggestion very much Nick but I don't think that I know
enough about the management side of it to try.
Xmas trees would be a no no, I had nearly all my holly stolen last year
:-( You are half right Sacha, I can see half of the ground from our
upstairs windows .

kate