Old 17-09-2012, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Greenhouse panels

"someone" wrote

"Martin Brown" wrote in
harry.yates wrote:
Can I have suggestions for alternative materials to use instead of glass
for my greenhouse?

If you intend to heat it then twinwall polycarbonate is pretty good.

This sounds good to me as an alternative to installing the difficult inner
bubblewrap every autumn, with duck tape that doesn't stick that well.

But as it's quite permanent, do you know how it is for letting light
through, e.g. UV and whatever rays it is that plants need?

I have it on the roof of my self made greenhouse and it's OK for most plants
but it does seem to cause some young plants to grow long and thin, tomatoes
for example.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.