Old 18-09-2012, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment question

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...

snip

I have found this topic very interesting, I have a bit of land -not quite
half an acre - doing nothing and I was wondering about offering it for
someone to use as an allotment. Reading the comments it might be more
trouble than it is worth. My husband suggested planting with fruit trees
but that makes even more work. Hopefully I will get inspired over the
winter :-)

kate

It all depends who you get if you offer your land out. I was very prepared
to let a local beekeeper who approached me to put his bees on there to do
so, but he went off in a huff when he said he would only do so if I let him
have a plot too and I said not yet.
He would have to share this 1/3rd acre with myself and my brother and we
needed to see if we got along. Had he agreed to put his bees on there, and
he was nice, we would probably have agreed that he could have a plot next
year.
He shot himself in the foot. More so because he now cannot keep bees where
he lives as his garden is too small and my land is approximately 30 yards
from his house.