Old 18-09-2012, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Wild Plums

On 17/09/2012 20:16, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

Nobody picks these fruits but these days that's no indication as to
their taste. They don't pick the damsons, sloes, or blackberries either
Too busy staring at their phones :-)

Well, I always said I was a nobody! I pick blackberries, wild plums,
sloes (after frost), and damsons if I knew where there were any.

I've even picked apples from a neighbours garden, because they were too
busy staring at their phone!

I would soon get bored staring at my phone, there is nothing to see
except my phonebook and where I live, mobile signals only appear when
you reach the top of the hills.

Yes, IME sloes are best left till after the first frost, but people
insist on picking them in August!
We have a couple of small damsons on the edge of a children's
playground, but nobody notices. Kids today!