Old 18-09-2012, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default coals to Newcastle

Baz wrote:
Nothing wrong with a windowsill so long as they have water,feed,
ventilation and are south facing.

Not the plants - just the toms. On a plate.

Ah. I see.

I read it the same way as you, Baz. :-)

Speaking of windowsills, I need to bring all my little fuchsias in
and to start making cuttings and cuttings of geraniums and find
somewhere to put them. Will a south facing window be too hot for
them during sunny times? They run the risk of seriously drying out
if I do that. Or shall I empty a north-facing one? (I have a lot
more south-facing window than north-facing, and the north-facing
ones are mostly full of orchids and african violets)

I can start off in the greenhouse, but the greenhouse gets too cold
for non-hardys during the bleak midwinter (well, more like the bleaker
end-winter, tbh). I'd like to try and save as many varieties of
fuchsia as possible this year