Old 23-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default What is this insect (x-posted)

(Always Curious) wrote:

Thanks Sam.

I've now Googled for "Mole Cricket" and the bug I found doesn't look
like any on the sites I've seen. I'm going to try to email you a
photo directly from my regular personal email account (this Yahoo
address is a spamdump). Look for a message titled "Bug ID" and you'll
know it's me.

Thanks for the help. You sound like you know your entomology!

By the way, for anyone else reading this, I'm located in Los Angeles,
in case this type of insect is more of a regional critter.

Jerusalem cricket ... usually kept under control by lizards and
spiders, unless you have exterminated all the bugs by misguidedly
trying to kill "bad bugs" with large quantities of insecticides
and have neither lizards nor spiders.

Ugly little things, aren't they?
Tsu Dho Nimh

--
Your personal opinion is your prerogative. However, without
substantive evidence, it is nothing more than an opinion.