Old 19-09-2012, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default How to stop drip from outdoor tap?

Chris Hogg wrote:

New washer? Plumbers mait applied to the tap thread before screwing on
the timer unit. PTFE tape wrapped around the tap thread before
screwing on the timer unit? IME Hozelock fittings, being mostly
plastic, can crack or split after extended use. Brass ones are
preferred. Has the fitting cracked?

Thanks very much for your response.
I'll try your solutions when I get over to Italy.

Difficult to give a good answer without seeing the problem, in
particular precisely where the leak is coming from. Picture?

I'm not sure myself - I was told the tap was dripping slightly,
so I asked for it to be turned off.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net