Old 19-09-2012, 11:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Are these all weeds?

In message , skippysje
writes

Are these all weeds?

Do you want them? (One definition of a weed is a plant growing where it
is not wanted.)

Anyway, apart from the first, these are not common garden weeds. I'd
need to see (clear images of) flowers to be certain of identifications.
|Filename: WP_000141.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15315|

Epilobium species (willowherb), probably Epilobium montanun, but I need
to see flowers to be sure.

Almost certainly a weed.

The plant at the bottom left is Perovskia. Not a weed. I can't identify
the plant at the top left.

|Filename: WP_000138.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15316|

If you mean the purple flowers, I can't tell what it is (possibilities
are Linaria purpurea, Veronica spicata and Veronica longifolia). The
first is a cultivated plant that often goes wild, whether the last two
are usually found as cultivated plants.

|Filename: WP_000137.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15317|

Look as if they are the young rosettes of Papaver orientale agg.
(Oriental poppies), though I can think of alternatives. Not weeds.

|Filename: WP_000134.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15318|

Not a very clear photograph, but I think that they're Allium
schoenprasum (chives). Usually not a weed.

|Filename: WP_000130.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15319|

A Primula sp. Usually not a weed.

|Filename: WP_000129.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15320|

Might be a Rhus typhiflua (sumach) sucker. This is a cultivated shrub,
but can turn invasive, at which point the owner decides it's a weed.

Or, might be something on the lines of Sorbaria.

skippysje

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley