Old 19-09-2012, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Any tips for growing a vine in my conservatory?

echinosum wrote:
but presumably your question is about whether they can be pot-grown)

In fact, the black grape that we have pot-grown up the kitchen wall
seems to
fruit better than any of the outdoor ones have ever done.

Someone on Gardener's Question Time regularly recommends growing grapes
in (large) containers, and reminds people it is common practice in
Vienna, for example. But again this should be for eating grapes, not
wine grapes. You do need to be able to put the container so the vine
can run up a sunny wall, or a trellis in a protected sunny spot.

What's the difference between growing eating grapes vs growing wine grapes?