Old 19-09-2012, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Allotment question

snip

I have found this topic very interesting, I have a bit of land -not quite
half an acre - doing nothing and I was wondering about offering it for
someone to use as an allotment. Reading the comments it might be more
trouble than it is worth. My husband suggested planting with fruit trees
but that makes even more work. Hopefully I will get inspired over the
winter :-)

kate

I still like Nicks suggestion, we have no deer so that would be O.K. altho
we do have a pony who can open gates sometimes, she eats all sorts of things
:-)
Poplars, the ground is dry and I cant wait for 20 years :-))
Willow would look good but I am afraid that Christina got nearest the truth
when she mentions age, I am afraid that 10 years ago I could do everything -
or thought that I could - but now I know that I cant, but never mind I will
continue to think about it, this afternoon I sat under the pear tree on the
piece of land in question and promptly fell asleep :-)))

kate

thanks to all