Old 23-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Colin Davidson

Default Maximising Rhubarb Crop

I would reccomend that if you want more rhubarb type stuff, you go for a bit
of a forage. Haven't got the picture scanned for my web site yet, but Steve
Brills rather neat web site has a picture of Japanese knotweed, that well
known destructive weed, and a description of what to do with this rather
gastronomic plant:
http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Pla.../Knotweed.html

If you've got any Japanese knotweed growing locally, you could consider it
your civic responsibility to eat it into oblivion :-) I came across a patch
in Essex the other day, and it was just at about the right age and size to
be really scrummy.