Old 19-09-2012, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default How to stop drip from outdoor tap?

Granity wrote:

You are not supposed to connect the timer directly onto the tap but use
a short piece of hose between the two because of the vibration in the
timer due to water flowing through the pressure reducing part of the
system, I didn't discover this until I heard the vibration in the water
pipe in the kitchen.
Mind you this was about 5 years ago so it may well have changed since
then.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I did think of doing something like that, but didn't get round to it.
I don't think the Hozelock documentation suggests doing that.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net