Old 19-09-2012, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Roundup-resistant weeds

"Martin" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

"Fuschia" wrote ..

This is what happens when you rely on GM crops and glyphosate

Very interesting article and like bacteria becoming resistant to drugs I
suppose it was obviously going to happen. Hardly affects us gardeners
though
when we just use it on Bindweed or whatever only when necessary.

Bacteria resistance to antibiotics does not depend on your personal
use of them, nor even a country's policy to not over use antibiotics.

Not sure that is correct, my understanding is it's mainly caused by
overprescribing in animals and people, and people not taking the full course
as prescribed.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.