Old 20-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Tom Summerlin Tom Summerlin is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
On 19/09/2012 10:19, Tom Summerlin wrote:
Hello all, I was just looking for some advice on the idea of plastic
greenhouse panels. I feel like I'm replacing the glass in my greenhouse
all-too often and it's starting to become a bit of 'Trigger's Broom'.
Either through accident or blustery weather the panels get cracked or
broken almost every year, and I'm starting to think about tidying things
up before the winter really sets in.

There's a lot of talk about using plastic, does anyone on here have any
success stories to share?

Why not use toughened glass panels?

--

Jeff
Thanks all!

I think I'm set on polycarbonate because of the advantage of low price over toughened glass, though twin wall polycarbonate is a consideration because of the insulation aspect.

I'm considering twin wall for the roof and clear polycarbonate sheeting for the sides and door, using bubble wrap or something for additional insulation. What do you think?