Old 20-09-2012, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How to stop drip from outdoor tap?

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
Chris Hogg wrote:

Just a thought: I assume Italian tap threads are the same as in the UK
(some sort of EU standard I expect), but it's just possible they
differ. Worth checking before you buy?

I'm pretty sure they are the same.
Surprisingly, garden appliances and fitments (hoses, etc) in Italy
are all described in inches, eg 1/2in connector.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Having kicked off the industrial revolution the uk had to solve the problem
of non standard threads before any one else really had the problem so BSP
(British standard pipe) BSW (British standard whitworth) and BSF (British
standard fine) have become almost world standards now, although you very
occasionally find a metric thread they are rare. metric nuts and bolts will
normally still have BS threads

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs