Old 20-09-2012, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Visit to Hill Top

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:14:57 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 20/09/2012 11:18, John Rye wrote:
Hello All

I have just returned to my garden in East Anglia from a short holiday
in
Cornwall. In Cornwall we visited the Eden Project, and a couple of the
National Trust Gardens. It reminded me just how differrent the climate
is
on
the two sides of our country. From various contributions on this group
it
was
clear that a visit to Hill Top nursery on our return drive might be
interesting, and it was. An incredible collection of plants inside and
outside a large range of large greenhouses, together with an
interesting
garden and a good tea room. A proper nursery not a Garden Centre.

The only problem was that an awful lot of the plants would not have a
hope of
surviving in my garden. I did sucumb to Euryops pectinatus which I
shall
have
to add to my collection of plants kept going by cuttings overwintered
in
the
greenhouse.

John

So, where is this Hill Top Nursery?

Sacha's place http://www.hilltopnurseries.co.uk/

Oh no it isn't.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh no it isn't !! David got me bang to rights!!!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/