Old 20-09-2012, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default A rainy evening at the allotment.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Baz" wrote

Wednesday evening is tennants meeting. My first.
What a load of bullshit!
I was criticised for almost even being alive. A stranger who has forced a
well loved tennant to give up just one of his 3 neglected plots.
I wish I had never bothered, they don't even know me. Well, balls to them,
I don't need their help. They might need mine one day. Blackballed for
having the audacity to sign up for a bit of shitty grassland.

Yes it happens. Some people don't like any change even if it's for the
better and if you went in with both feet I can imagine the outcome. Put
stuff into a local show once, got 5 firsts and a second out of 8 and the
rumpus it caused, "but I always win that prize...." I never went back.
Friend has had the same with her Cornish Pasties but she is of thicker
skin and even got Best in Show in the baking section this year, bet that
ruffled a few feathers.

If you keep your plot tidy, and grow stuff well, and they can see you're a
good gardener they will come around eventually. If it's that clicky you
may even start a new opposition faction. :-)

Yers I will vote for Baz

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/