Old 21-09-2012, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
billn billn is offline

Default giant morning glory? giant morning glory 2012-09-19 10.06.36.jpg (9 of 9) (1/1)

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Wolf K" wrote

Gertrude wrote:

Been down that route before and it isn't worth the bother. I've
managed to
re-combine and see other yEnc split photos but this lot just
would not.

if you insist on using a broken newsreader please stop
complaining when it doesn't work

Why not post a jpeg image reduced in size like most other
people here?/

they are jpeg images

yEnc is a method of encoding images (== converting to strings of
text) so they can be transmitted as posts or emails. It does not
conform to international (open) standards, and exists in several
versions. Its originator refused to deal with the ISO, because he
wanted to make loadsadough licensing it. I don't know whether the
e-mail/news readers that can decode it have licensed the code. It
was a useful idea in its time because it produces smaller files for
transmission than the standard methods do. That had advantages in
the days of slow connections and limited bandwidth. IMO it's
obsolete.

It's a jpeg image that has been encoded using yEnc and split into many
parts.

My thoughts too Wolf, it was OK in the days of dialup but is totally
unnecessary these days with broadband speeds. It's the first one for
some while that I haven't been able to recombine which is strange,
perhaps it's a different version of yEnc.

Totally agree. If someone wants people to see their photos, why not just
post them in a normal, everyday format that everyone is guaranteed to be
able to read?
--
bill n