Old 23-04-2003, 02:33 PM
N.S.D

Default Avocado Plant

In article ,
David DeMar wrote:
I am interested in growing an avocado plant indoors. My question is, what do
I have to do for the plant to be able to bear fruit? Will I have to have two
separate plants, so one will pollonate the other? Or is the idea of having a
fruit bearing avacado tree indoors unfeasable. I have never done this before
so any help would be appreciated.

Also, which are better to grow, California or Florida avocados?

Thanks.

I have read more than once that indoor avocados do not bear
fruit (other than in greenhouses, presumably.) I don't know
this for certain myself, but they certainly do make wonderful
foliage houseplants. I had one that lived for many years and
was about 5 feet tall and wide.

- Naomi D.