Old 21-09-2012, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT XP DVD player?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 21:39:46 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

Yes Martin it does. Have tried several programmes but when you shove
the disc in to play Windows media player says i haven't got a
compatible DVD player and I need to buy one from Microsoft.

Are you sure the computer isn't telling you that the drive can only
play CDs. Will any other DVDs play in your machine?

We don't know and that question has be asked, and left unanswered,
several times. The easy way is to look at the outside of the drive door
and see if "DVD" is embossed onto it anywhere.

--
Cheers
Dave.