Old 22-09-2012, 08:58 PM
John Sankus John Sankus is offline
Registered User

Default New Pond

Hi Guys.
Currently digging out a 6x8m patch of ground elder to put a pond and bog garden in - patch sits in front of a sycamore stump (area that once was shaded before tree was cut down [before my time] has no grass - only ground elder) having a wonderful time pulling roots out of the ground and rescuing hundreds of bulbs (snowdrop? bluebell? chive?)
Pond is envisaged to be around 4m at longest point and 3m at widest point.
Pond is not for fish, unless some find there way there unassisted. Pond will be for whatever decides to make its home there.
Any advice (as in ANY advice) will be greatly appreciated.
My only rule will be that I do not want any foreign species in it (other parts of the garden yes - but this area is native species only :-))
John