Old 22-09-2012, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Sorry courgettes.

Nick wrote

In article ,
Ophelia wrote:

My flipping courgettes came to nothing and I have chucked the lot in my
compost bin You do realise I am the only person in the world to have
had
a failure with courgettes???? The fact that I was very late sowing the
seeds might have had a lot to do with it, as well as the weather

You're not. I have done that so often that I have given up on
ordinary courgettes - but, THIS year, even the normally reliable
Little Gem, Trompetta d'Albenga and a New Zealand hubbard type
have done very badly. I had to bin one of the Trompetta before
getting any, because of blight, and another has produced NO
courgettes.

It never ceases to amaze me that in such a small country people could have
such different conditions and failures. Our Courgettes have been superb this
year, not able to pick them all before them became too big. The Butternuts
have also done well after a very slow start and the fruit are huge this
year, the problem is, will they get a chance to ripen before the first
frost.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.