Old 23-09-2012, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Sorry courgettes.

wrote:
It's not the size of the country, actually - the same is often true
between two gardens a mile away.

Or two allotments next to each other!

My neighbour who used to have a plot near ours (before they were ours) said
her husband could never grow beans, but had no problem with carrots and onions.
We have never (till this year!) had a problem with beans, but have always had
whiterot with the onions (which may have come in after she left, I guess) and
slugs and carrot fly with the carrots - to the point where there is barely any
carrot in the carrot!