Old 23-09-2012, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Sorry courgettes.

Ophelia wrote:
We have sprawling great mounds of courgettes leaves and precious few
courgettes. They seem to have pollinated very badly and while a few have
turned into ugly round marrows while unwatched, they really are very few.
But they're still flowering like crazy, especially the ones that got
dumped on one of the compst heaps last year!

Mine got plenty of leaves and flowers but not actual growing courgettes

Remind me, must nip to the allotment later, cos last time I was there it
looked like the one remaining squash-type-plant (which I had assumed was
a trailing courgette or a pumpkin or possibly a butternut) had managed
to start looking fruity, and it had some tiny patty pans on it! So I may
actually /finally/ get a little squash or two this year!

(The boys will be sad at the lack of pumpkin carving this year, though)