Old 23-09-2012, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Sorry courgettes.

"Baz" wrote in message

I wonder if a gardener can pick up and carry/transmit spores, disease or
parasites and such on their clothing or even on the bodyhair, and carry
them to the garden. Sort of cross contamination. The reason why I wonder
about this is because my vegetable garden is the only one I know of for
a mile or two, and I keep on getting different pests and diseases year
after year. This year it is the gooseberries, which have been here in
this garden for 40 years(so I am told) without any problems.
Then comes mildew 3 years ago and this year sawfly. I havn't been able
to grow any veg this year, but next year I know that there will be some
insect or infestation to burst my balloon.

How disheartening after all that hard work

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/