Old 24-09-2012, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Scary Study - Roundup

"Roy" wrote in message
On Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:08:36 AM UTC-6, Billy wrote:
In article ,

Roy wrote:

Tiny doses of a lot of products increase your risk of cancer. Big deal

...sunlight will do the same thing and I'm not staying inside my cave

and not venture forth.

Roundup IS relatively safe from ALL that I have read.

If small amounts increase the chance of cancer in rats then DON'T

FEED IT TO RATS...problem solved.

You obviously have done little reading, which only burnishes your

anti-rationalism and ignorance, which you seem to think is a badge of

honor.

No lifetime feeding studies were done on glypho$ate. None.

We don't know what it can do.

We are the Guinea pigs.

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/glyphosatePoisonsCrops.php

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/tx800218n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpad_Pusztai

--

Welcome to the New America.

or

E Pluribus Unum

Green Party Nominee Jill Stein & Running Mate, Cheri Honkala

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/7/13/green_party_nominee_jill_stein_running

You shouldn't through words like "ignorance" around so carelessly.

As a farmer, I know what RoundUp does. I have sprayed quack grass with it
and it works well at the recommended rate. Not bad on Canadian
thistle when applied when they are in the rosette stage in August or
early September. When used for its intended purposes it is a great
product. Other activities of Monsanto with breeding of RR resistant
varieties, I question.

The application, by farmers, of Roundup to weeds is not the same thing as a
'lifetime feeding study'.