Old 24-09-2012, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default GQT

kay wrote:
I don't think it's the pots. I grow mine in pots, so I can keep them in
the greenhouse which is free of slugs. This year mine were slow in
producing fruits, and a couple died off, though on the plus side they
haven't yet succumbed to mildew which they tend to do towards the end of
the season. Previous years I haven't had any problems with cropping. So
i think the bad cropping is to do with the weather - lack of sun, lack
of light, lack of heat. Probably not lack of pollinators because I hand
pollinate to be on the safe side.

I may try and grow more of mine in pots next year, as I can then put
copper tape around the edge, which may help if I have another year like
this one.