Old 24-09-2012, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Her@Nowhere Her@Nowhere is offline

Default Watercress

In article , says...
I don't think he actually wants to know. He seems determined to use
his polluted stream water in some way (although how isn't clear), and
seems only interested in filtering out the liver fluke, regardless of
the fact that there would be a lot more to cleaning up water for
watercress production than that. Quite what he means by "a serious
quantity of watercress" isn't clear either, although I can't see that
it would be exclusively for his own use, and unless he's just giving
it away he's presumably going to sell it, in which case he comes under
the purview of the law. He also thinks that many commercial producers
use water that wouldn't meet the standards of drinkable water, which
suggest he doesn't actually know much about it or hasn't done much
research on the matter, despite his claim.

Well, that outlook is depressingly familiar on usenet (and urg) these days. Next comes
an angry objection to "uninvited strangers posting in my thread" :-)

Never mind.It's interesting for others to see new information and either learn a litle
more from it or use it as a jumping off point for further reading and discussion.

Janet.