Old 24-09-2012, 10:59 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

I always start cucurbits off in pots and, if I start early and summer
is late. they can end up being quite big (and in biggish pots),
I start my Phaseolus beans in paper pots, too.
I grow those in tubs too, in the greenhouse away from the slugs. I can't grow as many as I'd like (need a bigger greenhouse), but they crop well, and look very pretty climbing along the length of the greenhouse on the bubble wrap support, along with the runner beans.

I suspect everyone it scratching their heads and saying "who is this loonie?" but I don't have any ground level sun in the garden except for a small terrace outside the house, so while I do well with all sorts of hard and soft fruit, I can't do veg in the main part of the garden. And of course the shady damp conditions are slug heaven, especially after 6 super-wet "summers" in a row.