Old 25-09-2012, 04:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Scary Study - Roundup

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
phorbin wrote:
In article , times says...
"phorbin" wrote in message
In article ,
times
says...

As a farmer, I know what RoundUp does. I have sprayed quack grass
with it
and it works well at the recommended rate. Not bad on Canadian
thistle when applied when they are in the rosette stage in August
or early September. When used for its intended purposes it is a
great product. Other activities of Monsanto with breeding of RR
resistant varieties, I question.

The application, by farmers, of Roundup to weeds is not the same
thing as a
'lifetime feeding study'.

Though a lifetime feeding study should the study be replicable will
probably (after Monsanto has pretended that the studies are flawed,
hammered it with PR droppings and dragged its feet for a decade)
affect the application by farmers of Roundup.

Indeed. But then that would be the whole point behind the conduct
of such a study.

Hi Farm1,

How's the weather in upside-down land?

Trending dry all over the east but not yet a serious problem, some of
North NSW and south QLD are declared "marginal" though the models are
predicting wetter than median in those areas next quarter. The BOM is
equivocating whether we will have an El Nino summer. I have had one good
shower of rain in 9 weeks, due to the wonders of the Big Subterranean
Sponge the pasture has spring growth but if there is no rain soon that
will brown off pretty soon.

I had to put a sprinkler on yesterday because one of my veggie beds was
gagging for a drink.