Old 26-09-2012, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Visit to Hill Top

On 2012-09-20 19:14:06 +0100, John Rye said:

Hello All

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 17:58:08 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

I am struggling with how Hill Top in Nottingham is on your way home
from
Cornwall to East Anglia :~)

He took the pretty route.

Probably using a Sat Nav.

looking for the folks who lived on the hill.

Whoops. Much Embarassment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I meant Hill House.

John

Hi John! I wonder if we were in Cornwall when you were and therefore
missed seeing you here! We only got back yesterday after 4 nights in
Watergate Bay. Much (not all) of the stuff in our largest greenhouse -
where the till is - is tender and needs either a very sheltered garden or
a conservatory but not all of it does. Euryops pectinatus is the more
tender of the two we have, E. chrysanthemoides is hardier but here, we've
kept both going through some hard winter weather and while they got a bit
battered, they did come back. But taking cuttings is a really good idea
and we would certainly recommend that. They're fantastic plants and
flower for months, take a breather and then get going again - really good
value. We grow them in tubs and if you do that, you might be able to take
them into a greenhouse over winter, perhaps? I do appreciate your very
kind remarks and will pass them on to all the relevant sources. I'm just
'er indoors and a general gofer so am delighted to absorb and repeat any
compliments to those in the engine room! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I see Lynda Bellingham got quite close to your place in her visit to South
Devon!

"Lynda's Tasty Travels" on ITV

Bill