Old 26-09-2012, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default Visit to Hill Top

On 2012-09-20 14:14:57 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"David Hill" wrote in message

On 20/09/2012 11:18, John Rye wrote:

Hello All

I have just returned to my garden in East Anglia from a short holiday in

Cornwall. In Cornwall we visited the Eden Project, and a couple of the

National Trust Gardens. It reminded me just how differrent the climate is on

the two sides of our country. From various contributions on this group it was

clear that a visit to Hill Top nursery on our return drive might be

interesting, and it was. An incredible collection of plants inside and

outside a large range of large greenhouses, together with an interesting

garden and a good tea room. A proper nursery not a Garden Centre.

The only problem was that an awful lot of the plants would not have a hope of

surviving in my garden. I did sucumb to Euryops pectinatus which I shall have

to add to my collection of plants kept going by cuttings overwintered in the

greenhouse.

John

So, where is this Hill Top Nursery?

Sacha's place http://www.hilltopnurseries.co.uk/

--

Not us! We're Hill House Nursery in Devon. Hill Top is in

Nottinghamshire, I think.

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Glad to see Hill Top support a worthwhile charity, not a bunch of crooks out to line their pockets...............